Checking TLS-Cert-* and and accept/reject based on them

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 29 17:37:21 CEST 2013

On 29/08/13 15:49, stefan.paetow at diamond.ac.uk wrote:

> That said, I commiserate with the original poster that yes, when the
> policy is that you're only allowed to use vendor packages, you're
> limited in what you can and cannot do.

Failing to direct these queries towards your paid support option creates
moral hazard, as it generates a positive externality for the paid vendor
(they get to charge you for the easy stuff, but don't pay the cost for
their unwillingness to forward-port features).

You ABSOLUTELY should be opening tickets with your paid vendor every
time something like this comes up. Not "maybe".