update

Jed Gainer jedgainer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 04:24:19 CET 2013

I did a system upgrade and my silly disto upgraded FreeRADIUS to 3.0.0 so I
am reconfiguring it from scratch because of the changes. I have managed to
get SQL up and running but am having troubles getting my sqlcounters to
work.

After putting the following in
/etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/counter/mysql/queries.conf

sqlcounter counter_octets_daily {
        sql_module_instance = sql

        counter_name = ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets-Daily
        check_name = CS-Total-Octets-Daily
        reply-name = ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets

        key = User-Name
        reset = daily
        query = "SELECT IFNULL((SUM(AcctInputOctets + AcctOutputOctets)),0)
FROM radacct WHERE UserName='%{%k}' AND UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime) +
AcctSessionTime > '%b'"
}

I put "counter_octets_daily" in the authorize{} block after "sql" in
/etc/raddb/sites-available/default

but when I try and boot radiusd I get:

/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[339]: Failed to find
"counter_octets_daily" in the "modules" section.
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[220]: Errors parsing authorize section.

When I remove "counter_octets_daily" from the authorize{} block after "sql"
in /etc/raddb/sites-available/default

radiusd boots but does not know what the CS-Total-Octets-Daily attribute is
so I must be missing something...

I can't find docs for version 3

Thanks in advance for any help