Failed to Authenticate Cisco WLC 5508 to FreeRadius Server by using EAP.

Poon Weng Chee poonwc at igsb.com.my
Wed Dec 18 16:47:22 CET 2013

Dear A.L.M.Buxey,

Thanks for your info, by the way today I tested using the URL below,
http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/pap.html

I tested locally, it works,
"radtest bob hello localhost 0 testing123"

Return, "rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 1812, length=20"

And I tested from the Windows Client to connect the WiFi AP. I successfully to authenticated the Radius server and connected the WiFi AP.

But when I trying to using the LDAP user to connect the WiFi AP, it is failed.

As you mentioned,
"the auth failed because your LDAP stuff isnt right."
Is it my configuration on LDAP stuff is incorrect? Do I need to setup the certificate (Production Certificate)?
I did a research online, most of the people mentioned the cert need to be create if using EAP/PEAP.

Any idea about this?
But how come I can connect the test user "bob" without generating any certificate?

Really appreciate for your help, hope you can help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Weng Chee

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us. Thank you.