Migration from radsecproxy/RadSec problems

JB list.freeradius at me.com
Wed Dec 18 22:13:06 CET 2013

Hi!

We're trying to migrate from FreeRADIUS 2.x with radsecproxy to FreeRADIUS 3.x and encountered two major problems.

The first being that FR doesn't seem to send any replies to the client when it receives Access-Request messages via RadSec.
At least we're not seeing the typical "Sending Access-Accept/Access-Reject  …" messages in the debug log.
The last message is always something like "Debug: (0) Auth-Type = Accept, accepting the user" but nothing regarding a response follows.
We suspected SSL errors but don't find anything suspicious in the logs (server and client).

The second problem is that we don't find any hints in the docs on how to configure FR 3.x to listen to both auth and acct using RadSec on port 2083.
For instance: When the server receives an Accounting-On packet, we're seeing the following line in the log:
Invalid packet code 4 sent from client test port 3065 : IGNORED

We're using the latest git HEAD.

I'd be very grateful for some pointers.
(And sorry if they're blatantly obvious to you.)

Thanks,
JB