DHCP

Laura Marzà Porcar laura.marza at servidir.es
Thu Dec 26 15:27:09 CET 2013

Hi Laura:

# Hi Albretch, i've some questions.. it's my first time!!!

There are many examples on the web for that.  Basically, say

   sudo apt-get install devscripts
   sudo apt-get build-dep freeradius
   apt-get source freeradius

# Until this step all went well

In the source folder, edit the file debian/rules and tweak the configure option.

###
I've added the last line

./configure $(confflags) \
                --prefix=/usr \
                --exec-prefix=/usr \
                --mandir=$(mandir) \
                --sysconfdir=/etc \
                --libdir=$(libdir) \
                --datadir=/usr/share \
                --localstatedir=/var \
                --with-raddbdir=$(raddbdir) \
                --with-logdir=/var/log/$(package) \
                --enable-ltdl-install=no --enable-strict-dependencies \
                --with-large-files --with-udpfromto --with-edir \
                --enable-developer \
                --config-cache \
                --without-rlm_eap_tnc \
                --with-rlm_sql_postgresql_lib_dir=`pg_config --libdir` \
                --with-rlm_sql_postgresql_include_dir=`pg_config --includedir` \
                --without-rlm_eap_ikev2 \
                --without-rlm_sql_oracle \
                --without-rlm_sql_unixodbc \
                --with-system-libtool \
                --with-dhcp

###

 Then edit the file debian/changelog and add an extra entry (like the others in the file) at the top, extending the version info by a "local" suffix, e.g. (for Ubuntu "saucy"; change according for your needs)

<snip>
freeradius (2.1.12+dfsg-1.2ubuntu5laura) saucy; urgency=low

   * add dhcp option for my server

  -- your name <your.mail at company.es>  Tue, 24 Dec 2013 13:42:19 +0100

</snip>

Then say

   debuild -us -uc -b

which produces "freeradius-*-1.2ubuntu5laura" deb packages.  Just install them...  Remember that you should *not* automagically update ("apt-get upgrade") freeradius.  Instead, whenever the package maintainers provide a new version, repeat the procedure above.

#####
# I get the error code 1325, I've searched it and I think that it's because I don't put in the correct folder, is it?
The route has been as follows: /etc/freeradius/freeradius-2.1.10+dfsg, where /etc/freeradius/ is the real installation on server, I 've seen in debian/rules: $(MAKE) -C dialup_admin DIALUP_PREFIX=/usr/share/freeradius-dialupadmin \
                                DIALUP_DOCDIR=/usr/share/doc/freeradius-dialupadmin \
                                DIALUP_CONFDIR=/etc/freeradius-dialupadmin \
                                R=$(freeradius_dir) install

I must move the entire files of freeradius-2.1.10+dfsg to /etc/freeradius?

another thing I've seen is you have to rename the original file to change the nomenclature, ie of freeradius-2.1.10+dfsg to freeradius_2.1.10+dfsg, is it the case?

Tx