MAc-Auth with EAP

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 8 14:12:41 CET 2013

On 08/02/13 12:52, Tunde Ogedengbe wrote:

> see from the log that the MAC addresses is checked and OK.  But there is
> an [eap] returns reject just after the mac address was successfully
> checked.  I guess I need a way to get radius to force an EAP accept
> after successful checking of the MAC addresses.

This doesn't work. You can't "force accept" of an EAP session. The
protocol is challenge/response and must complete correctly at both ends.

Your approach won't work.

Instead, you must configure pre-login 802.1x authentication correct on
the Windows side, either using machine credentials or user creds.