Issues with Freeradius crashing after a sighup

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 8 16:10:05 CET 2013

Alex Sharaz wrote:
> Firstly the 2.1 servers

  <shrug>  Upgrade.

> password files are updated every 15 mins and are followed by a "service freeradius reload" command to bring them on line.

  See the changelog for 2.2.0.  The "passwd" module had issues with
older versions of the server.

  You can also reload individual modules.  That will be less likely to
have issues.  i.e.

$ radmin -e "hup passwd"

> Anyone else seen serve crashes on a reload?

  Unfortunately I've seen this before.  I haven't seen enough
information to track it down and fix it, though.