DHCP reply don't go out

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 12 15:42:24 CET 2013

Michele Pinassi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i've just installed a FreeRadius server 2.2.0 with DHCP support because
> i need a dhcp server that use MySQL ad a backend.
> Sending DHCP-Offer of id 022e173c from 255.255.255.255:67 to 172.20.1.20:68
> Finished request 0.

  That looks weird.  An empty offer packet?  There should be *something*
in it.

  I suggest starting with the example configuration in
sites-available/dhcp.  It won't do SQL, but it will return "example"
DHCP responses.

  If that works, then the code is OK.  The next step is to update the
configuration to send the correct options in DHCP packets.