Failed to load wimax module freeradius 2.1.12

Mollatt Ntini mollatt at yoafrica.com
Thu Feb 14 22:55:54 CET 2013

Hi,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction here. I am trying to
build FR version 2.1.12 with the option "--with-experimental-modules" on
Debian Linux Squeeze  2.6.32-5-amd64 because I need to build support for
Wimax stuff. However I get the following compiling error(s):

===

checking openssl/hmac.h usability... no

checking openssl/hmac.h presence... no

checking for openssl/hmac.h... no

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_wimax.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_wimax requires:  openssl/hmac.h.

configure: creating ./config.status

config.status: creating Makefile

===

and however when I launch FR, this is what I get:

===

/usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/wimax[92]: Failed to link to module
'rlm_wimax': rlm_wimax.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[122]: Failed to load module
"wimax".

/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[69]: Errors parsing authorize
section.

===

I am trying to build the FreeRadius package version version 2.1.12 from
sources from the official tarball from freeradius.org. I know I am missing
something but I have looked almost everywhere and can not get a proper clue
to this.

Regards,