RADIUS-Proxy before MAC Auth

Oliver Warda Oliver.Warda at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Feb 20 12:27:54 CET 2013

Hello everybody,

I'm using FR 2.1.12 on CentOS 6.3
802.1x and MAC Auth as described in WiKi is working fine.
Authentication is done local

Now, I have the demand to implement RADIUS Proxy also.
As I understand MAC Auth is done before RADIUS Proxy.
But I do not want to administrate about 5.000 RADIUS Proxy clients in my  authorized_macs file (RADIUS Proxy is using 802.1x only).

Is there a way to proxy requests based on realms before checking the MAC address?
In my testing I couldn't realize RADIUS Proxy without keeping the MAC in authorized_macs file.

Appreciate your help.
Thank you in advance.

Freundliche Grüße
Oliver Warda

Universitätsklinikum Tübingen
Geschäftsbereich Informationstechnologie
Geissweg 11
72076 Tübingen

Telefon: +49 (0)7071 29 85604
E-Mail:  oliver.warda at med.uni-tuebingen.de