Radius server failed to respond

ahmed.sajid at stfc.ac.uk ahmed.sajid at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 12:53:28 CET 2013

Hi,

I can authenticate using Kerberos, by running radius in debugging mode. I can see that I get Access-Accept packet but SSH doesn't gets logged in.

I get following in /var/log/messages

pam_radius_auth: DEBUG: getservbyname(radius, udp) returned -562132672.
pam_radius_auth: RADIUS server 127.0.0.1 failled to respond
pam_radius_auth: All RADIUS servers failed to respond.

The file /etc/pam.d/sshd

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_sepermit.so
auth       sufficient   pam_radius_auth.so
auth       include      password-auth
account    required     pam_nologin.so
account    include      password-auth
password   include      password-auth
# pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule
session    required     pam_selinux.so close
session    required     pam_loginuid.so
# pam_selinux.so open should only be followed by sessions to be executed in the user context
session    required     pam_selinux.so open env_params
session    optional     pam_keyinit.so force revoke
session    include      password-auth

It seems to work fine but every now and then it just breaks.

Regards,
Ahmed.

--
Scanned by iCritical.