Radius server failed to respond

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 14:00:29 CET 2013

On 20/02/13 11:53, ahmed.sajid at stfc.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can authenticate using Kerberos, by running radius in debugging mode.
> I can see that I get Access-Accept packet but SSH doesn’t gets logged in.
>
> I get following in /var/log/messages
>
> pam_radius_auth: DEBUG: getservbyname(radius, udp) returned -562132672.

You have underlying problems with NSS, which means get*() libc calls are
sporadically failing.

This is not a RADIUS problem; ensure your system can reliably make
name/service resolution calls. If you are using nss_ldap, perhaps ensure
it's not enabled for "services"; there's no value in doing these over
the network.