echo module creating zombies

steffo76 at gmx.de steffo76 at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 16:45:54 CET 2013

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:29:07 -0500
> Von: "Craig Campbell" <craig.campbell at ccraft.ca>
> Betreff: Re: echo module creating zombies

> Try changing wait to "yes".
>
> Zombies are processes that have ended, but for which the parent has not
> "waited" to acknowledge the death of the child.
> Their 'slot' in the process table has not been freed for re-use.

Ah, okay, thanks. I deliberately set wait=no since I don't want the module to fail just because the underlying binary exited with something else than 0. I just need to run a script and pass it the username after a successful login, is there a better way to do this ? The exec module doesn't seem the right way to to this.

Regards
Stephan