Different reply attributes for same username in rlm_sql

Joe Rogers joe at usf.edu
Fri Jan 4 15:18:34 CET 2013

I am having difficulties implementing the following users file
configuration in sql using freeradius 2.2.0:

user1     Calling-Station-Id == "xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx"
         Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = VLAN1,
         Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
         Tunnel-Type = VLAN

user1     Calling-Station-Id == "yy-yy-yy-yy-yy-yy"
         Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = VLAN2,
         Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
         Tunnel-Type = VLAN

I'm attempting to send different reply attributes for the same username
based on different check attributes.  But, I'm having a hard time seeing
how this is possible with rlm_sql using the default
authorize_check_query and authorize_reply_query settings.  I can
certainly re-write those queries, but I'm hoping that I'm simply
overlooking the proper way to configure this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Joe Rogers
University of South Florida