Failure with "TLS authentication" and "Freeradius on Fefora-17"

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:41:59 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 01/09/2013 06:15 AM, Ajay Garg wrote:
>
>  However, I get the exact same earlier dreaded logs :(
>>

> Sigh. This really is the thread of doom.
>
> Find a working CA/server cert (from another machine, generated with the
> same steps) and your failing ones.
>
> Then compare the output of:
>
> openssl x509 -noout -text -in ca.pem
> openssl x509 -noout -text -in server.pem

Followed the above, and compared the structures of certs generated on
Fedora-17 and Fedora-14.
The structures were identical.

> If the certs differ substantially (applying common sense to fields that
> must differ, like key hashes, dates, serial numbers, etc.) then there might
> be an issue with cert generation.
>
> If no, you're doing something wrong - much more likely IMO.

Would it be possible for you (or someone) to have a
WORKING-ON-FEDORA-17-FREERADIUS-SERVER "/etc/raddb/certs" directory shared
with me?

I could then try using those certs.

--
Regards,