rlm_perl changing User-Name and proxy requests

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jan 11 21:49:00 CET 2013

On 01/11/2013 08:32 PM, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

> Have you added nostrip for all the realms? The only way I can see it
> clobbering username is if stripping is enabled.

Isn't the problem the special request->username attribute? AFAICT the
pairmove code handles this specially ("fixup") but I'm not sure rlm_perl
does the same?

If that is the case, OP may find that putting the new username in an
interim / temp variable then forcing update via unlang works:

authorize {
   myperl
   update request {
     User-Name := "%{The-Var}"