Use of %{Framed-IP-Address} in dialup.conf

Örn Arnarson orn at arnarson.net
Mon Jan 14 01:39:52 CET 2013

I'm logging into MySQL via post_auth_query = SQL query.

I've added some fields that I want to log, such as the allocated IP
address, the NAS IP address and the Calling-Station-ID.

All fields are logging fine except for Framed-IP-Address which just seems
to be absent. Is that variable not supposed to be accessible at that point?

Here's an example entry from radreply, showing that I am indeed using
Framed-IP-Address:

+-----+---------------------+-------------------+----+--------------+
| id  | username            | attribute         | op | value        |
+-----+---------------------+-------------------+----+--------------+
|   1 | username at host.com | Framed-IP-Address | := | 10.10.10.10 |

 Here's what I have in dialup.conf:

       postauth_query = "INSERT INTO ${postauth_table} \
                          (username, pass, reply, response, nas, location,
authdate) \
                          VALUES ( \
                          '%{User-Name}', \
                          '%{%{User-Password}:-%{Chap-Password}}', \
                          '%{reply:Packet-Type}', \
                          '%{Framed-IP-Address}', \
                          '%{NAS-IP-Address}',  \
                          '%{Calling-Station-ID}', '%S')"

Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? Any suggestions on where to
look for problems?

Best regards,
Örn