Use of %{Framed-IP-Address} in dialup.conf

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Jan 15 22:56:21 CET 2013

On 15 Jan 2013, at 21:02, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Örn Arnarson wrote:
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> There is a Framed-IP-Address: xxx.xx.xx.xxx in the packet.

Outbound packet right (reply)? Because you're dealing with an Access-Request, which is why you're modifying the Post-Auth query?

>> That should
>> then presumably mean that I should be able to access this variable in
>> said config file?
>
>  Yes.  Run the server in debugging mode to see.
>
>  Odds are the Framed-IP-Address is in the Access-Request, but not in
> any subsequent Accounting-Request.  That would be the problem.

Accounting-Requests don't go through Post-Auth, see OP's first message, he's wanting to log the IP he assigned, else he's being an idiot and including irrelevant snippets of config.

OP Use %{reply:Framed-IP-Address} in your postauth_query.

-Arran