accounting question

Tzvika Gelber daragaard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 07:47:31 CET 2013

i'm looking to focus a problem i have - i think the main issue is not
freeradius but it's a good place to ask.

I have a server that's do both Radius and accounting for Wifi random users
(web redirected system).

now i just discovered that to authenticate the users i have to use the
server "secret" password
on the accounting side i can use whatever i want and it will still work.
(if the secret for the server is 12345 i can use abcde for the accounting
and i'll get the accounting files).

The question is this, if we stick to the AAA protocol do you really need
the "radius secret" to use accounting? or can i just drop it?

--
____
Sometimes you just glow in the dark...