suddenly problem with certificates / error in SSLv3 read client certificate B

Stephan Manske gmane-reply at stephan.manske-net.de
Wed Jan 23 23:59:53 CET 2013

Am 23.01.2013, 21:23 Uhr, schrieb <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk>:

>> IMHO these patch
>> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/2d3f119cd8d9e99028f968db1ee108eb6f05db09#raddb/certs/Makefile
>>
>> with
>>
>> +ca.key ca.pem: ca.cnf index.txt serial
>
> you stated earlier that you didnt touch freeradius...that all you did
> was update OpenSSL to the latest version.... to be affected by any
> change to certificate makefiles etc you would have had to update/play
> with freeradius too. which you stated you didnt do.

yes, I updated my freeradius installation to 2.2.0. But I did this
_months_ ago. My fault, not to think about an update months ago. Really
sorry.

So, it was a coexistence: all worked fine, then I updated openssl, made a
new client certificate to test it (unfortunately the first time for
months) and from now on my older certificates gave me ssl errors. So it
looks to me that there a relation to this ssl update.

Ciao, Stephan