upgrading freeradius

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Jan 27 21:51:28 CET 2013

Hi,
>    I have a working server running on version 2.1.10
>    I just saw that there is version 2.2.0 and i would like to ask if an
>    upgrade is a must
>    and where can i fined the documentation about how to do such a thing?

self-build or installed via the distro?

the answer to the initial question is YES. the new version has many security holes
fixed and bugs fixed.

regarding updating...i believe that 2.1.10 and 2.2.0 are almost 99.99% configuration
compatible...so, if you built from source then a simple ./configure --with-whatever-options-you-used,
make, make install will work  - providing you check the docs to see which small configuration
option is not compatible.   if you got your 2.1.10 from distribution...then you have to wait
for your distro to catch up - perhaps ask their support people when they will be making
that version available for your distro (they will then, I hope, check your config
doesnt have the offending line (if it does, I guess their installed will copy the old
config file into a safe backup location and drop a copy with offending line removed back into
place)

alan