multiple ldap instances, which instance is used for searching?

Martin Kraus lists_mk at wujiman.net
Wed Jul 3 18:34:47 CEST 2013

Hi.
  I had to create 3 instances for the ldap module. One is the default

ldap {
}

and then I got two named

ldap ldap-eduroam {
}

ldap ldap-netdefault {
}

I'm using the two named for doing attribute pulling in post-proxy.

Now my setup stopped working because suddenly ldap-eduroam was checking for
groups when matching Ldap-Group. I was under the impression that when not
specificed with ldap-eduroam-Ldap-Group the default ldap entry would be used.

I had to instantiate the ldap modules in a special order

instantiate {
        ldap-eduroam
        ldap-netdefault
        ldap
}

so the ldap instance would take over again. Is this an expected behaviour?
Will this solution hold  or should I name the ldap instance as well and use
the name-Ldap-Group everywhere?

thanks
mk