pulling dn for User-Profile from ldap

Martin Kraus lists_mk at wujiman.net
Thu Jul 4 19:33:49 CEST 2013

Hi.
  I'd like to give users an option to specify which network to connect to
using something like

helpdesk\username at realm
admins\username at realm

I was thinking of stripping the network part in hints and saving it in a
variable say Preferred-Network and then match on it in users

DEFAULT Ldap-Group="%{Preferred-Network}" User-Profile := "%{Profile-DN}"

Profile-DN would be matched to seeAlso in ldap.attr and seeAlso would be an
attribute containing dn of the radius profile to be used for this group.

However when I set it up I didn't see ldap module returning Profile-DN and I
couldn't match against it.

I guess I'm using the ldap module wrong but I'm not able to figure it out.

thanks for any pointers
martin