freeradius using linux user passwd

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 9 00:52:14 CEST 2013

Julian Macassey wrote:
> 	So, I put it back in. I took it out earlier as 1. I
> couldn't connect with it. 2. My understanding from reading the
> docs was that pap alone would do the job.

  (1) No, and (2) Not for 8021.X

> 	I'm just trying to do a bog standard username and
> password for OS X and Linux users on laptops - Plus the
> ubiquitous smartphones of course. I have no Microsoft gear on the
> LAN.
>
> Here is my latest output:

  Which indicates that you didn't tell the server what the *good*
password is for the user.  Why not?

  Read the FAQ.  It has instructions for configuring a sample user.
When you've done that, it *will* authenticate that user.

  Getting 802.1X to work requires a number of steps.  You've missed
some.  My guide goes through this in detail, and following it will
*always* work:

http://deployingradius.com/