Delete one value of multiple attribute(Class)

Fahad Saleem addyrocker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 15:31:01 CEST 2013

Hi Alan,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I totally can understand the solution you recommend, and I've been
using this skill for quite a long time.

But the situation I encountered is :

1.    I need to save some information returned in Access-Accept from
external AAA in the attribute *Class* at the section *post-auth*. So it will
return back to gateway.

2.    Then gateway will send Accounting-Start to my server. In this time, I
need to pop out the information I saved in the attribute *Class* in the
section *accounting* so that I can generate the avp what I need.

Hence, it cannot work by using Tmp-XXX internal attribute because those two
events occur in two different sessions to FreeRADIUS.

I thought Tmp-* attributes will not exist across two sessions at the same
time.

So that way I must choose some kind of attribute that gateway must return
back for saving temporary attribute value.

Concerning about total available length of Class in our wifi gateway, I
don't want to do such a waste on attribute Class.

Again, just like I said before, because Class is a multi-value attribute I
can't find a way to remove a specific value from entire Class array.

But anyway, if this is too much for unlang I can use perl to fulfill this
definitely. Just curious about if unlang can totally achieve this. :P

If there are the class attributes then
        Class = 0x3131
        Class = 0x3232
        Class = 0x3333

This will delete the second Class attribute with value 0x3232
                 if ("%{Class[1]}" =~ /^(0x3232)/i)          {
                        update request {
                                        Class -= "%{Class[1]}"