Dynamic vlan assignment

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jul 19 15:52:43 CEST 2013

Hi,

> I am configuring my freeradius to be integrated in the EDUROAM federation.
> It works when the VLAN (as configured in the accesspoint) is statically
> assigned.

there are hundreds of sites using this sort of configuration for eduroam - so
its perfectly possible and fine (and standard!) so you're going wrong somewhere.

so, thats the piece of mind part.  where has it gone wrong?   well,
firstly, is there DHCP etc on the VLAN this client is being dropped onto?
have you tested the network? what happens if the AP only handles that VLAN?

is this a 'fat/autonomous' AP? if so, then only latest firmware can handle multiple
VLANS per 802.1X SSID with multiple BSSIDs present. are you returning ALL the VLAN
attributes needed to assign VLAN on the AP?  not JUST the VLAN number..name.... ah yes,
are you sending NAME or VLAN int he VLAN tag?

are you sending the replys from the tunnel = check eap.conf settings!

debug output helps a lot so yes, send it.

alan