Freeradius 3.0 hints, rlm_perl

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Sun Jul 21 19:20:16 CEST 2013

Hello Arran,

> You can of course 'make deb' in the top level directory of the current
> Git HEAD (which will very soon be 2.2.1) and make your own debian
> packages.

that is fine with me and works perfect. I was not aware of that option, but now
I know that it is out there, it is the way to go.

While trying that I also build a 3.0 GIT HEAD and there were a few
problems, I trippeled about:

        - HINTS does not work the way it did before. Especially this no
          longer works for me:

DEFAULT User-Name =~ "^v104\\\\([^@]+)"
     User-Name := "%{1}@V104.GMVL.DE"

        - rlm_perl does not seem to register itself as module correctly
          because I get the following error message as soon as I:

authorize {
        update control {
                Auth-Type := perl

Message is: (0) WARNING: Unknown value specified for Post-Auth-Type.  Cannot perform requested action.

Full Log: http://pbot.rmdir.de/IRC6zW11GNEWEFpMx0a13w

        - freeradius gives me a segmentation fault as soon as I put 'perl' in
          the authorize section and do one authentication request.

authorize {
        perl
}

I really would like to work out all the above issues, is someone willing to
walk me through it? Otherwise I'll try myself, but I always appreciate all the
help I can get. ;-)

Cheers,
        Thomas