2.x.x and radtest: no IPv6?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jul 22 22:37:17 CEST 2013

Hi,

> > Still... maybe for a later version... if the input looks like an IP
> > address, guessing the address family isn't all that hard.

unlike your using IPv4 in its IPv6 incantation....

> What if the NAS started just using the SRC IPv6 address in packets, and source IP protection was enabled?

well, then things might be interesting. if the NAS was configured to talk
to an IPv6 RADIUS server then I'd expect it to be using its IPv6 source
address.... and if you have DAI/etc on the network then that would have
to be factored in

> I don't have any experience managing an IPv6 enabled network.  Does anyone else? Or is it all too new?

new?  its been around for more than the lifetime of some people on this
list! ;-)  you'll probably have noticed that any stuff from us here has
the fallback if IPv6 isnt present - so the usual Framed-Address/NAS-IP-Address
assumptions all have to be checked in the server/config - I first started noting
these issues when we configured remote systems to talk to our IPv6 addresses -
finding top-level entries in /var/log/radiusd/ because the IPv4 stuff
was missing....  oh yes, warning needed to ensure that the filesystem
you use likes ":" in filenames!  ;-)

alan