[ANN] Version 3.0.0-rc0

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Jul 23 16:53:17 CEST 2013

On 07/23/2013 05:18 AM, stefan.paetow at diamond.ac.uk wrote:
> Thanks, John.
>
> I'll use that SPEC as base for CentOS 6.x packages :-)

I'm will be making some tweaks to the spec file over the near term. For
instance I just realized I make a mistake with the release field in the
N-V-R, the package release increment number must precede the upstream
pre-release string "rc0", I just fixed that. [1]

You can track the any changes to the fedora master branch (i.e. rawhide)
by cloning this git repo.

git clone git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/freeradius

I'm also contemplating splitting the doc into it's own subpackage, the
doc is 4.6MB, no reason to install that much data on minimal install
production servers.

Anyway, the point is the spec file is not frozen yet, anticipate some
changes.

[1] If you're interested in the details see this:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines?rd=Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Pre-Release_packages
--
John