Simultaneous-Use oddness.

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Wed Jul 31 16:48:18 CEST 2013

Alan,

Thanks for your reply.  I see your point.  But this does create an issue
when you deprecate a nas when users are connected (which isn't ideal but
does happen) because now the session will never close and radius doesn't
assume that a missing nas also means missing session, nor does it pass
it to checkrad which would determine the same.

The solution is simple though (and for the edification of others
searching the list) simply modify the simul_count_query to only find
sessions that are on an active nas.  This assumes that you also are
storing the clients information in the db (using nas_query) which I am.

Thanks for your help.

schu