Service Provisioning Using AAA (FreeRadius)]

Prabhpal S. Mavi prabhpal at digital-infotech.net
Wed Jun 5 12:44:27 CEST 2013

> Am Dienstag, 4. Juni 2013, 10:45:01 schrieb Russell Mike:
>> Hi List
>>
>> After googling for few days still not so much clear. Therefore, i have
>> decided to implement three *"A"* in three different steps. For now, i
>> only
>> want to use Authorize function of FR. i do not want authentication &
>> Accounting BUT authorization.

No. How can you authorize somebody without beeing sure who that user is.
Only authentication provides that information. So you need authentication
and authorization.

Hello MS.

I do not agree to your response.

Authorization is a process where information in a request is evaluated.
This information may be used to validate against information about the
user that was obtained from file, database, or LDAP directory.

Authorization happens before authentication

and does not involve the checking of a password. We can use various logic
and comparisons to determine if a user is authorized to connect to a
network. i look forward be hear back....

Thanks / Regards
Prabhpal Singh