Huntgroups checking in MySQL radgroupcheck

Marco Marzetti marco at lamehost.it
Thu Jun 6 09:21:48 CEST 2013

Il giorno mer, 05/06/2013 alle 13.41 -0400, Alan DeKok ha scritto:

> Marco Marzetti wrote:
> > Also, if i understand it correctly, it makes sense to me since "==" is a
> > filtering
> > operator while ":=" add the attribute to the list for further checking
> >
> > Anyway, i've updated the record above and putting ":=" and it doesn't work.
>
>   It depends what you want to do.  I thought you had said you wanted to
> *set* the huntgroups in SQL.  If so, := is the correct thing to use.
>
>   If you're just checking it, == is the right one.

Yes. I'm checking for a match between the NAS-IP-Address and the
specified username.
So, if user "foo" sends an authentication request through NAS
"192.0.2.1", FreeRADIUS should check if
that NAS-IP-Address address matches with the ones associated to the
Huntgroup named "APPARATI".

>   The huntgroups are set in the "huntgroups" file.  Have you looked there?

As said, the filter works if the user's Huntgroup-Name is set in the
radcheck table and it doesn't if it is set
in the radgroupcheck one.

>   Alan DeKok.

Thank You

Marco