building new module with external library dependencies

Bill Schoolfield bill at billmax.com
Mon Jun 17 17:42:30 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I have created a new module (using rlm_detail.c as it was closest to my needs). For the building
I took the various config files from rlm_example and modified as needed (changed example to xxxxx where
xxxxx is my module name).

Then used:

./configure xxxxx_cflags="..." xxxxx_ldflags="..."
gmake install

Where the variables contain the needed includes, libraries, etc. The module links fine. However, when
running the server, the linker fails to load (find) the needed third party shared libraries.

If I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, things work fine. However, I would like to use rpath so no runtime setup
is needed.

I've tried setting rpath in ldflags but this doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Bill