ldap

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Jun 21 22:34:15 CEST 2013

On 06/21/2013 04:21 PM, Julian Macassey wrote:
> I am tring to get freeradius working with ldap.
>
> The ldap server is on the same LAN as the RADIUS server.
>
> The local user test works.
>
> I have configured all files I can think are pertinent.
>
> In debug mode, I get:
>
> root#> freeradius -X
> }
> listen {
> 	type = "auth"
> 	ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
> 	port = 18120
> }
> Listening on authentication address * port 1812
> Listening on accounting address * port 1813
> Listening on authentication address 127.0.0.1 port 18120 as
> server inner-tunnel
> Listening on proxy address * port 1814
> Ready to process requests.
>
> -----
> In another terminal window I enter:
> root#> radtest username at mydomain.com "PASSWORD" 192.168.10.14
> 0  sharedsecret
>
> ending Access-Request of id 231 to 192.168.10.14 port 1812
> 	User-Name = "username at domain.com"
> 	User-Password = "PASSWORD"
> 	NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
> 	NAS-Port = 0
> Sending Access-Request of id 231 to 192.168.10.14 port 1812
> 	User-Name = "username at domain.com"
> 	User-Password = "PASSWORD"
> 	NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
> 	NAS-Port = 0
> Sending Access-Request of id 231 to 192.168.10.14 port 1812
> 	User-Name = "username at domain.com"
> 	User-Password = "PASSWORD"
> 	NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
> 	NAS-Port = 0
> radclient: no response from server for ID 231 socket 3
>
> -----
>
> I get no output in the freeradius -X terminal window. I get no
> info in /var/log/freeradius.
>
> What am I missing? It won't complain and it won't work.

You've failed to provide the complete debug output, something which is
stated as being required nearly every day on this list. This means we
can't see how you've configured things, all that is in the debug output
which you failed to provide.

But I'll go out on a limb assume you configured the ldap module
correctly and suggest you look at your firewall and make sure your ldap
ports are open on both nodes.

John