ldap

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jun 24 19:38:57 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            tcp
> dpt:1812

you see this - TCP

read a little about RADIUS it uses UDP

change your rule to allow UDP port 1812

> # radtest evergreen at plumgrid.com "Y0V2T2VAKI" 192.168.10.14 0 d1sc0verplum
>
> 	Is not sending my radius request to the ldap server
> (192.168.10.14)?

we, it is....but there is NOTHING an LDAP server can do with a RADIUS request.

you send RADIUS requests to a RADIUS server....the RADIUS server will then
open up required connections to backend systems (eg LDAP to an LDAP
server, SQL to an SQL server etC) to deal with AAA requirements.

I dont use HTTP to talk to an SSH server

> 	In which case, how do I test that freeradius is working
> with ldap?

you fire a RADIUS authentication against the RADIUS server

radtest username password radius-server port secret

> 	Does this mean I need to set up say a WiFi router to use
> WPA2 Enterprise and send auth requests to the radius server and
> then the radius server passes requests to the ldap server. This

yes.

alan