ldap

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jun 24 20:32:54 CEST 2013

On 06/24/2013 02:01 PM, Julian Macassey wrote:
>> I don't follow what you're doing. Is your radius server on
>> 192.168.10.14, the same as your client?
>
> 	My radius server is: 192.168.10.16
>
> 	My ldap server is: 192.168.10.14
>
>> Because it looks like your
>> sending your access-request to the client, not the server (unless
>> they're both the same box). If they are the same box then make sure port
>> 1812 is open.

I don't know what to say, you've got a lot of misconceptions going on
and as far as I can figure you you haven't tried to read the
documentation. For starters:

You need to send radius requests to the radius server but you're sending
them to your ldap server (huh???)

radius client != ldap, radius client == nas

You need to configure radius to work with ldap, but you haven't done
that. You have to uncomment the ldap module from
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default in the authorize section and also
configure your ldap values in /etc/raddb/modules/ldap. You haven't done
either of those.

I'm afraid I can't help anymore, you need to start helping yourself
first, pay attention to what you're doing, don't fail about, start with
a vanilla configuration, put it under source control so you can revert,
make only one change at a time, change only what you understand, and
read the doc, most of it is inside the config files themselves.