UnLang SQL query vs Perl SQL query

Mehdi Ravanbakhsh babakco at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 22:36:00 CET 2013

I need to transfer  one radacc Table record to  another table (backup
radacc) , Transfer means insert in new table and Dell from  first one  and
 this is happen every time   each user get  [ Acct-Status-Type == 'Stop ] .

 i use perl script to do some calculate and return  3 replay attribute and
change 3 check attribute in radcheck table  and Unlang just work to
 execute perl script  .

so in this  case i need to use Perl  in general but i can use unlang and
Perl to connect and update database by SQL query  i need to know that
 which one is faster  and which way has more performance :

Perl Directly connecting to PostgreSQL database

OR

Use Unlang to connect to database by freeradius PGSQL database back-end.

and in final i am not understand  meaning of   " Likely unlang if you only
want to retrieve one value."  it means that is limitation    SQL  query in
UnLang  ?

Best reghards.