design question

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Wed Mar 6 00:03:37 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Arran Cudbard-Bell
<a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:

> You know SQL supports groups right? and that a group matching can be conditional on attributes in the request? and that you can add aditional config items to client definitions to mark them as a special devices?

Hi Arran,

Thanks for the reply. I've grepped the wiki and mailing list archives
and could not answer the following:

What do I change in the nas table (in the database) to mark the
network boxes as "special devices"? I see the schema as:

CREATE TABLE nas (
id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,
nasname VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL,
shortname VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
type VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'other',
ports int4,
secret VARCHAR(60) NOT NULL,
server VARCHAR(64),
community VARCHAR(50),
description VARCHAR(200)
);

Is it the "server" field? If so, could you also briefly explain how to
apply that to group matching? (I have added users to groups using the
usergroup table, but haven't touched the radgroupcheck/reply yet.)

Thanks for any help!

-mz