Cannot disconnect radius user using radclient

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Mar 10 17:50:14 CET 2013

Iftakhul Anwar wrote:
> i've enable with link coa on site-avalaible to site-enable,
> when i try to run on debug mode also appear that port 3779 is listen:
>
> Sending Accounting-Response of id 1 to 127.0.0.1 port 3779

  <sigh>

  Accounting packets are not CoA packets.  See?  The name is different.

  You don't understand RADIUS.  That's OK.

  You're not *trying* to understand it.  That's not OK.

  The server isn't *listening* on port 3779.  You haven't bothered to
read the debug output.

  If you're not going to follow instructions, you will be unsubscribed
and banned from this list.

> But when i try to execute command to disconnect , still not response:
>
> echo "User-Name=alice" | radclient -x 192.168.2.3:3779
>  disconnect testing123
> Sending Disconnect-Request of id 78 to 192.168.2.3 port 3779
> User-Name = "alice"

  Because the server isn't listening on that port.

> are there missing configuration ?

  Yes.  Lots.

  I won't repeat myself.  If you're not going to try to solve the
problem, then neither will I.

  Follow instructions, or be unsubscribed and banned.