Default user authentication

Matthew Ceroni matthewceroni at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 18:06:58 CET 2013

I am using FreeRadius for 802.1x on my wireless LAN (cisco WLC device).
This is an older device and as such doesn't allow for guest or restricted
VLANs like a physical switch does.

One solution I saw online in a Cisco forum is to have a default user that
returns the guest VLAN attribute for any failed authentications (so
essentially never fail, just always return ACCEPT-ACCEPT for the default
user).

As I use FreeRadius for my WLAN and LAN I don't want to apply this policy
for the wired network. So, using the users file, can I create a default
user and attributes that apply only for a certain Calling Station/NAS ID?

Thanks