Instantiating modules

Jonathan Gazeley Jonathan.Gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Mar 14 15:14:57 CET 2013

I am migrating and modernising a FreeRADIUS config that was written a
couple of years ago, to make it more modular.

I have written my own "uobsql-rnwc" module , based on the built-in "sql"
module. To date, I have been loading this module in radiusd.conf, by doing:

instantiate {
   uobsql-rnwc
}

This worked. As only one of my virtual servers uses this module, I want
to instantiate it within the virtual server. I moved the instantiate{}
block into the server{} block but this failed to load the module. It
also doesn't work if I simply specify "uobsql-rnwc".

In both failure modes mentioned, the syntax passes a check with radiusd
-XC but prints an error when a user tries to authenticate in that
virtual server:

WARNING: Unknown module "uobsql-rnwc" in string expansion "%"

Forgive me if I've missed something obvious. How do I load custom
modules within virtual servers?

Thanks,
Jonathan