require_message_authenticator when sending

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Tue Mar 19 11:18:20 CET 2013

Hi,

I just noticed something unintuitive when trying to enforce the presence of
Message-Authenticator on a server which has FreeRADIUS 2.2.0 as a proxying
client.

In proxy.conf, home_server section, there is very strong wording that
require_message_authenticator is good; and the default as spelt out in the
config file is =yes.

My config simply omits the keyword entirely. With all those nice words about
how good it is I was somewhat expecting it to default to yes in the code as
well and set require = yes on the clients.conf on the receiving end.

If omitted, the code sets it to NULL though, which seems to be a "no".

Of course I'm fixing my config by making the yes explicit - but maybe adapting
the defaults in realms.c might be a little more consistent behaviour.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER