ippool-dhcp and Oracle

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Mar 24 22:15:46 CET 2013

Бен Томпсон wrote:
> The SQL statement "START TRANSACTION" looks to be hard coded into
> rlm_sqlippool.c but I don't know enough about Oracle etiher to say why
> it is flagged as an error.

  It's a configuration item.  You can change it by editing the queries,
and adding:

	allocate-begin = "..."
	allocate-commit = "..."
	allocate-rollback = "..."

  They're not in the sample configuration, but those should work.

> However from looking at the code I assume that it is supposed to
> signify the begining of a batch of SQL statements which after
> execution will be be either committed or rolled back.

  Yes.

> My guess would be that it is a redundant command as according this page:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1366851/how-do-i-find-out-if-an-oracle-database-is-set-to-autocommit
> - commit/rollback, is a purely client side thing.

  OK.

  In which case you may be able to set those strings to just "".

> If  I am right then, I guess we can just remove the "START
> TRANSACTION" statement for Oracle, but unfoturnately I don't know
> enough myself to be sure.

  Try it and see.

> The broadcast flag did the trick thanks. Here is the DHCP discover
> section I am using :-

  Good, thanks.

> (0) DHCP: Reply will be broadcast
> Sending DHCP-Offer of id 3f1a9769 to 255.255.255.255:68
> (0) Finished request 0.

  Hmm... it *should* be also printing out "DHCP encoding DHCP-Offer",
along with all of the DHCP options it's sending.

  I'll see if I have time to take a look.