post-proxy ip address assignment

Gabriel Marais rootchaos at gmail.com
Wed May 1 07:54:16 CEST 2013

hi guys

i am having a hard time getting a post-proxy setup going.

we have a freeradius 2.1.8 server setup for a specific realm.
authentication requests are coming from a upstream provider (3g carrier)
onto our radius server. our radius server sends the authentication request
to another radius server (windows platform) that authenticates the user
against active directory. we receive the response, either accepted or
denied.

if the response is 'user accepted', we must then do a mysql query to find
the ip address for the relevant user from our freeradius server and ammend
the ip address to the radius response back to the 3g carrier's radius
server.
the authentication part is working perfectly between our radius server and
the microsoft radius server as we are either getting a positive or negative
reponse from the microsoft radius server.

Sending Access-Request of id 213 to x.x.x.x port 1812
        User-Name = "jacobsb at tut.ac.za"
        User-Password = "Tut123"
        NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
        NAS-Port = 8585
rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host x.x.x.x port 1812, id=213,
length=20

at this point, we need the ip address lookup to be done on the mysql server
running on our freeradius server and insert the relevant information into
the proxy reply back to the carrier.

as far as i have been able to read up, this should be done in the
post-proxy configuration using unlang at this post [
http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2008-May/027960.html]
but I am not able to get this to work with the code as seen on the
post
mentioned.

>>*  post-proxy {*>>*         ...*>>*         if (proxy-reply:Framed-IP-Address) {*>>*                 update proxy-reply {*>>*                         Framed-IP-Address := 1.2.3.4*>>*                         ...*>>*                 }*>>*         }*>>*  }*

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Regards, Gabriel