Valgrind memcheck FR 2.2.1shows memory leak

Wang, Yu ywang10 at fsu.edu
Fri May 3 22:12:17 CEST 2013

Alan,

Thanks. It is very helpful.

Yu Wang

-----Original Message-----
From: freeradius-users-bounces+ywang10=fsu.edu at lists.freeradius.org [mailto:freeradius-users-bounces+ywang10=fsu.edu at lists.freeradius.org] On Behalf Of Alan DeKok
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 12:32 PM
To: FreeRadius users mailing list
Subject: Re: Valgrind memcheck FR 2.2.1shows memory leak

Wang, Yu wrote:
> I installed FR 2.2.1 from git on one of our radius servers on April 22.
> After installation, I ran valgrind memcheck against radiusd binary and
> it showed no memory leak. A few days later now, I ran valgrind again.
> It showed memory leak.

  Code doesn't magically change.

  The valgrind output you included shows that memory is "leaked" when the server exits.  This isn't a problem, as the server is exiting.

  If you want the server to clean up memory on exit, use the "-m"
command-line option.  This is documented.  See "man radiusd".

> I am not sure what caused it. I have valgrind memcheck output for you
> to review but its 7MB. I don’t know if it’s too big for posting or
> attaching it on this list. Please let me a way to post/send it without
> causing any trouble. I plan to upgrade our production server to 2.2.1
> early next week and I am a little concerned with this memory leak
> check thing.

  There is no cause for concern.

  Alan DeKok.
-