Inner tunnel post auth question

Franks Andy (RLZ) IT Systems Engineer Andy.Franks at sath.nhs.uk
Fri May 10 23:21:55 CEST 2013

My FR version is 2.1.10+dfsg-3build2_amd64. Unless there's a nice
package for Ubuntu 12.04 server then I'll be compiling from source then
I think.

This is the peap bit of eap.conf :

peap {

                        default_eap_type = mschapv2

                        copy_request_to_tunnel = yes

                        use_tunneled_reply = yes

                #       proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap = yes

                        virtual_server = "inner-tunnel"

so yes, the "use_tunneled reply" bit is there. Is that what's causing
the copying of attributes from within the tunnel to fail, or is that
setting what it's supposed to be? I'm still getting my head around the
eap thing - like for example why I need authorization and authentication
settings in the inner-tunnel virtual server for eap again - my intuition
would tell me that the inner eap just needs mschap in there if that's
the protocol inside the tunnel, but then perhaps it's something to do
with the "protection" bit of peap that means it's a "tunnel within a
tunnel" or something. Like I said still getting my head around it all.

I'd still like to get the attributes copying from the inner to outer
tunnels regardless of the fix in 2.2. It's gnawing at me a bit.

Thanks

Andy