Selecting authentication based on NAS-IP-Address or Client IP Address

Jeremiah Peterson gamerj at gmail.com
Fri May 17 23:35:02 CEST 2013

I see that it is possible to create realms and have each realm use a different proxy, but what I am more interested in is having the authentication method be selected based on client.

For example:

If the request comes from IP 10.10.10.10 and user bob then use home_server_pool xxx (and return attribute "blah blah blah")
If the request comes from IP 10.20.20.20 and user bob then use home_server_pool yyy (and return attribute "yadda yadda yadda")
If the request comes from IP 10.30.30.30 and user bob then use home_server_pool zzz (and return results from SQL query "xxxxx")

I can see how this is done when making the user enter a realm name or prefix or suffix to the username, but I don't want to do that for every authentication.  I want the authentication method to be selected based on the client.

I have been searching for details on all the configuration files but I am not finding anything very conclusive or explanatory on how to build custom sites.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

JerLasVegas