reference to check items using unlang

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 20 14:56:38 CEST 2013

Nasser Heidari wrote:
> I've already tried and it doesn't work.

  That's a fairly useless response.

> for example I want to check for
> existence of a custom check-item in user profiles with unlang, I try this:
>
> If(control:custom_check_item) {
> }
>
> This always returns true in my case , doesn't matter if a user have
> custom_check_item in his profile or not.

  That's not how unlang works.  If an attribute doesn't exist, then
checking for it returns "false".

  And you're trying to look for *SQL* profiles via the above check?
That will work only if the SQL module was configured, was used, and then
returned the profile.

  You need to run the server in debugging mode in order to see what's
happening.  We tell people this in the FAQ, README, "man" page, web
pages, and daily on this list.

  There is *no* excuse for failing to look at the debug output.