Limit ADSL speed using radius?

Cooper, Tom TCooper at fnb.co.za
Tue May 21 08:44:11 CEST 2013

Hi,
by not working I mean that if I authenticate on a 4MB line but set the
speed to 384k I still get 4MB. Thanks for all the other replies, though.
I must admit that dealing with Telkom is a formidable task. I will try
to get hold of their dictionary, though.

On 20/05/2013 14:03, Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 20/05/13 12:47, Cooper, Tom wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> How can one limit the ADSL speed on a per customer basis using
>> freeradius? I have been trying a
>> radiusReplyItem: Microtik-Rate-Limit += 512k/1024k, which people
>> recommend, but it does not look like it is working.
>
> Ok, and what does that mean. "It is not working" is too vague.
>
> Have you run under debug mode ("radiusd -X") and checked that the
> attribute is being returned? If not, have you read the debug to see why?
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer at fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.