Global variables

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 24 09:35:18 CEST 2013

On 05/23/2013 07:43 PM, Franks Andy (RLZ) IT Systems Engineer wrote:

> Seems a bit excessive to do it each request. I know it’s not something
> likely to changegidoften but would like to not have to update itat all
> should it change. We have an “over zealous” AD administrator..

But primary group is per-user, so you have to look it up per-request.
You do for other groups too; aside from Microsofts irritating schema
decision, this is no different.

You could probably play with rlm_cache to cache either the lookup, or
better yet the higher-level "decision" result, keyed by username.